On Monday, December 3, 2012 5:06:43 PM UTC+1, Bill Hart wrote:

> Just to clarify, MPIR can pick up files from x86 even on Apple 32. But
> these all have alternative code paths depending whether -DPIC is passed or
> not. So -DPIC must not be passed on this system.

Ok now I'm confused.
What's the point of the applenopic directory?
The files it contains are all exact copies  of the one from x86, except for
some tuning parameters in headers, and for the fact that files which
contains things depending on PIC are not present?
It's true as well for the core2 subdirs.

I though that the applenopic was then meant to completely replace the x86
one.
If the x86 one is looked at as fallback, the applenopic seems quite useless.