Thanks Brian, this seems to have been successful. I have now merged your
changes with my master (you might like to merge my master with yours again
just to ensure you got the latest everything -- I made a few additional
minor changes after I announced it on the list).

I now intend to take a break until about May 12th at which time I will
start work on tuning code and the new release of MPIR. I still have some
code to write which we promised to include for the GMP-ECM project too.

Bill.