On Saturday, February 15, 2014 4:10:26 PM UTC+1, Bill Hart wrote:

> Oh wait, it's not so simple. We use the Windows assembly on MinGW and
> Cygwin!
>
> Oh well. So much for that idea.

Hum, indeed.
At least with 64 bits archs.
(I think the 32 bit code should be equivalent, is that correct? at least
the ABI is the same...)

Anyway, I still think it's worth converting the non-Windows part for future
maintainability.
I'll try to modify Brain's script to go the other way around.
With some luck, composing both scripts would yield the identity.