-----Original Message-----
From: mpir-devel@googlegroups.com [mailto:mpir-devel@googlegroups.com] On
Behalf Of Brian Gladman
Sent: Thursday, March 20, 2014 2:40 PM
To: mpir-devel@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: [mpir-devel] Tuning help needed

On 20/03/2014 21:14, Dann Corbit wrote:
> I collected the zip file, and tried a build using visual studio.
>
> Attached is the mpir.h file I collected from your repository

Hi Dann,

The mpir.h file should be built when you run a Visual Studio build.

It will probably be a good idea to start with a clean build.

Which Visual Studio version are you using?  The builds for Visual Studio
2012 and 2013 are up to date but the build files for earlier versions are not
now being maintained.  But if you can run Python, the file mpir_config.py can
be used to generate up to date build files for Visual Studio 2010.

I have python.
I have 2010, 2012, and 2013 but the build I was running was using Visual Studio
2013.
I have 64 bit mingw on my machine also (4.8.1) but the configure hangs so I
gave up on that.
<<
Bill wants Unix tuning but I would appreciate any results people get with
tuning on Windows with different processors (I am assuming here that Bill
included the latest Windows update in the ZIP file).