On 28/03/2014 17:25, Jeff Gilchrist wrote:
> I can probably help you with that.  I have a box with nothing on it so
> I will install Express.  Do you want me to try multiple versions of
> Express or just the latest 2013?

Hi Jeff,

Visual C/C++ EXpress 2013 only - since this is free and has important
improvements over earlier versions in terms of C/C++ language support,
there is little reason to stay with earlier versions.

The issue we had with VC++ 2010 was that it did not support 64-bit
builds 'out of the box' and it did not support project folders in the
IDE. If either or both these features are still missing, we may have to
modify the build files to accommodate these changes.

I should also mention that I need to ensure that you have the very
latest build projects (not yet in my or Bill's repo) as Bill has had to
make name changes that I have not yet incorporated in the Windows builds.

Thanks for volunteering as this will also help to test the normal Visual
Studio builds.

We plan to add Visual Studio build instructions to the MPIR
documentation so it would help if you could note any particular things
that need to be done in building with VC++ Express 2013.  I am also
hoping to have volnteers who will use this documentation in draft form
to guide Visual Studio builds and hence find ways in which it can be
improved.