Hi,

I have been trying to run a simple calculation with MPIR on my Windows 7
machines for several days now. My only sources so far are the manual from
version 2.6.0 (since 2.7.0 would not load from the mpir site) and some
Google search results. I managed to do the following via MinGW:

- run ./configure --disable-static --enable-shared
- make
- make check

On one of my machines, everything went through, on the other, almost, there
was one error during "make check": "FAIL: t-io_raw.exe", but it then went
on.
(Is this all and now I can start using it or is a step missing?...)
Now I want to compile the following program called "mytest.cpp" with gcc; I
tried typing "g++ mytest.cpp -o mytest" :

#include "mpir.h"
#include "gmp.h"
#include "gmp-impl.h"

using namespace std;

int main ()
{
    mpz_t z;

    mpz_init(z);

    return (0);
}

The answer from the MinGW command line was

"C:\Users\....\...\Local\Temp\ccD1pbG8.o:mytest.cpp:(.text+0x20): undefined
reference to '_imp____gmpz_init' "

and some further lines with similar content.

The program sits in the top folder of MPIR (C:/MPIR/mpir-2.7.0/), I have
added this folder to the Windows PATH environment variable.
I can see the mpir.h file in this folder...(?...)
What is missing? I read in the MPIR documentation chapter 3.1 that "All
programs using MPIR must link against the 'libmpir' library..." I then
tried to compile via

g++ mytest.cpp -lmpir -o mytest

which resulted in

"C:/mingw/bin/ld.exe: cannot find -lmpir"

Are the links to the mpz libraries missing (if so, do I have to use some -I
flag? Or - where are they)?

My next question (once this works) would be how (if) I can use MPIR in C
code being called by Matlab (via mex-files).
I am relatively new to C Programming and would appreciate any hints. Thanks.