I'm a newbie. In Microsoft Visual Studio Community 2015 running on Windows 10
x64, I installed "mpir-2.7.2\build.vc14\lib_mpir_gc", WIn32 Release config, as
per instructions in "mpir-2.7.2.pdf", and all the tests in
"mpir-2.7.2\build.vc14\mpir-tests" were successful. I wrote a tiny first
program which calls mpz_set_si(), included "mpir.h", got this build error:
        Error   LNK2001 unresolved external symbol ___gmpz_set_si
So I included "gmp-impl.h", even though that isn't mentioned in
"mpir-2.7.2.pdf". Now I get this build error:
        Error   C1189   #error:  no data available for this limb size in
perfsqr.h

What is that about, and how do I get up and running? Is there some resource for
beginners anywhere with comprehensive instructions or tutorials on how to use
MPIR? How is a beginner supposed to learn how to use MPIR?