On Thursday, 2 May 2019 06:17:10 UTC+1, degski wrote:

> Good day!
>
> I've been trying to build mpir from repo:
> https://github.com/BrianGladman/mpir .

Hi Degski,

Unfortunately I am away at the moment so I am a bit limited in what I can
do to help until Tuesday next week.  I have tried the broadwell_avx build
and it does produce errors for me as well, but oddly, not the error you are
seeing.

If you are using an old version of vsyasm it would be worth updating this.

The other thing to try is to unload the project in Visual Studio and
manually edit the line that refers to add_err1_n.asm to remove the extra
double backslash that you are suspicious about to see if this helps.

The error I am seeing is not a build issue but a test failure in the
mpn.logic test.  I think I understand this but I need to talk to Jens
Nurmann (the author of the assembler source code involved) before I can fix
this.