Hi Brian,

In the meanwhile, I've tracked down the problem [literally seconds ago].
The problem was/is in the "Yasm Object Filename Setting", which is
'$(IntDir)mpn\%(FileName).obj'.

Problem is my paths are overruled by a global .props file (which I have,
because I don't like the standard layout). Since you have the paths on
default, the overrule kicks in. If the paths would be hard-coded in the
Properties -> General -> [Output Directory/Intermediate Directory], they
would not be overruled and they would obey whatever you put. So this is
probably a good idea, it will make the build more robust.

I'll carry on and if I run into trouble I'll post and be patient till you
have more time [or whatever is inhibiting you].

Thank you Brian, take care!

degski

On Thu, 2 May 2019 at 08:30, Cactus <rieman...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thursday, 2 May 2019 06:17:10 UTC+1, degski wrote:
>>
>> Good day!
>>
>> I've been trying to build mpir from repo:
>> https://github.com/BrianGladman/mpir .
>>

> Hi Degski,
>
> Unfortunately I am away at the moment so I am a bit limited in what I can
> do to help until Tuesday next week.  I have tried the broadwell_avx build
> and it does produce errors for me as well, but oddly, not the error you are
> seeing.
>
> If you are using an old version of vsyasm it would be worth updating
> this.
>
> The other thing to try is to unload the project in Visual Studio and
> manually edit the line that refers to add_err1_n.asm to remove the extra
> double backslash that you are suspicious about to see if this helps.
>
> The error I am seeing is not a build issue but a test failure in the
> mpn.logic test.  I think I understand this but I need to talk to Jens
> Nurmann (the author of the assembler source code involved) before I can fix
> this.
>
>    Brian

*Microsoft, please kill Paint3D*