I attended the celebration at Sabathani for Neva a
couple weeks ago.  When I heard her speak I heard a
women who knows she is new and a woman who shows the
determination to learn what she needs to learn to be
effective.  I have every confidence that Neva will
work hard on behalf of her constituents.

In reference to the sodomy law, it may seem trivial to
some, but, to many people living in this city, it has
been a reason to persecute for far too long.  It is
time for it to go.

I wish Neva the best of luck in her new job.

Barb Lickness
Whittier
Ward 6