Repeat reminder: be sure to clip the previous post, or excerpt what you're referring
to in the body of your email.

Constant reminder: our rules allow pointed disagreement but require respectful
discussion.

--
This type of hysterical rhetoric coming from the Colvin Roy camp through Ms.
Becker has been their style since the challenge by Craig Larson for the DFL

Joe Barisonzi has already refuted their claims regarding the stadium vote.
One additional note.  At the same time that Resolution 99R-230 was
considered, Council Niland offered an amendment that would have asked
Hennepin County to direct $25 million of any such half-cent sales tax
collected for the purpose of building a stadium, to affordable housing
needs.  This vote failed with 6 "yeas" and 7 "nays".  Again, Colvin Roy
voted against the Niland amendment.  Question for Ms. Becker:  If the city
council wasn't considering this possible sales tax increase by Hennepin
County then how could there be a vote to reject $25 million for affordable
housing needs?

Ms. Becker also asserts that "lies" are being spread about the tragic impact
of Colvin Roy's votes in support of the downtown Target stores through the
use of TIF.  Again, the figure of at least $100 million is a CONSERVATIVE
estimate.  A memorandum from John Moir dated 8/11/200 establishes that his
estimate was at least $115 million when all costs were added up.  A copy of
this memo is available at http://www.acityforneighbors.org/vote.4htmal

Ms. Becker's last point about filing a complaint with the Hennepin County
Attorney's office is again a classic example of the operating style of this
crew.  When you can't refute your opponents on the facts, the last resort is
to try and intimidate them and prevent them from exercizing their First
Amendment rights by filing frivolous complaints.  The complaint filed by Ms.
Becker against Progressive Minnesota during the Craig Larson campaign was
not acted upon because it was so ridiculous on its face.

I sometimes get the impression that Colvin Roy doesn't even know what she is
voting on half the time.  What will she do without Joan Campbell?

It is time for a candidate that knows what exactly they are voting on, and
has the guts to stand by their record.  That is why a growing number of
DFLers in the 12th Ward will be supporting Wade Russell.

Gene Martinez
Minnehaha, Ward 12