Everyone:

A reminder about a couple of rules:

4. No insults, threats, and inflamed speech for the sake of personal
argument are allowed.

5. One-on-one arguments, disagreements, and disputes of a personal
nature must be taken off list.

The discussion of Michael Atherton's comments is sliding into disputes
of a personal nature. One good (bad) sign is when a list member's name
becomes the title of a thread. If you feel Michael has done something to
you personally, please email him directly. Also his constructiveness, or
lack thereof, is a discussion best had off-list as well. I strongly
recommend members email members privately to discuss these things - it's
so much better if members give each other off-list feedback, just not
make it a whole-list discussion.

If you feel anyone has violated a list rule, please email me directly.

If you want to discuss the issues raised by the education posts, this is
of course the place. If you feel anyone's issues aren't worth responding
to for whatever reason, my best advice is not to. That's my best advice
about any thread you don't like - the delete key is a wonderful thing.

David Brauer
List manager