From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of
Terrell Brown
Sent: Saturday, January 12, 2002 10:45 PM
To: Minneapolis Issues
Subject: RE: [Mpls] Lisa Goodman vote tally

Lynne Lowder wrote:

>   I wonder how
> well someone could do next time if they had a little
> support, a little money and the desire to listen to
> their constituents?

[TB]  I live in the 7th Ward (Loring Park).  When Lisa ran the first time
(1997), I lit dropped for her opponent.  Lisa goes to every neighborhood
meeting in the 7th Ward, she holds regular luncheon get meetings for
residents of the ward where she brings in various people to present on
topics of interest to residents of the ward.

I often speak with people from other neighborhoods in the 7th ward who are
very impressed with her work with the neighborhoods in the ward.  Why would
anyone run against or try to recruit someone to run against the good
representation that we have?

I doubt there is any member of the Council to spends more time listening to
constituents than Lisa Goodman.  Actually I doubt that there is any elected
person in the City of Minneapolis that spends more time with constituents
than she does.  I think she has done a good enough job that this past
election I was lit dropping for her.

You may have a grudge because you have a difference of opinion on a specific
issue with her.  We could probably all find something we disagree on, but
lack of listening certainly is NOT one of her faults.

Terrell Brown
Loring Park