On 3/18/02 9:08 AM, Neal E. Simons wrote:

> Some of the money that has been saved in
> snowplowing this year should be used to buy
> some of the snow retention attachments and
> try them out.

I seem to remember that someone in city government (RT?) responded to your
earlier request; can't recollect the exact "hows" or "whys", but I think the
gist of their reply was "already investigated; deemed unfeasible".

As a driveway owner, I agree with you that this snow plow attachment sounds
like a winner; I suspect, however, that snow plow drivers (and by extension,
the city's bean-counters) would have a different perspective (attachment
maintenance, possible damage and repair costs, extra plow time required,
etc.).

-- John Goodman, Central Neighborhood