Barbara Lickness wrote:

> Does anyone know what the outcome was of the
> administrative court hearing on his businesses?

According to yesterday's Strib, "The hearing is scheduled to end today. Beck [the
administrative law
judge] then will make a recommendation to the City Council on whether Ortega's
licenses should be
revoked."

If I remember correctly, it was about a month or six weeks between the end of the
administrative
hearings and the ALJ decision on the Hard Times (Brian Monroe can correct me if I'm
wrong on that).

After that, the City Council votes to do whatever they originally wanted to do
regardless of the ALJ
decision, and the matter gets tied up in appeals for months or years.  Or maybe that
part of the
process will improve now that we have a reconfigured City Council.

Rosalind Nelson
Bancroft