Well, I use the endorsement as a way of making sure
that a candidate has good progressive instincts, won't
put their personal religious values ahead of the
health and well being of Mpls public school kids (ie
clinics and sexual orientation counseling and
programs) and as a way of seeing what the
qualifications of these candidates are. I don't have
children nor do I follow every issue related to the
schools, but I do vote and want my vote to be an
informed one. And I'm pretty sure that it has only
been a minority of school board members who have
sought higher elected office.

                             Loki Anderson
                             Marshall Terrace
                             [EMAIL PROTECTED]
--- [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Brandon,
>
> I support your decision not to seek DFL endorsement,
> and I hope that others
> running for school board follow suit.  Please let us
> have one elected office
> that is not about party politics, but what is for
> the good of education.  We
> make a lot of compromises in this country for the
> sake of party politics.
> Introducing party affiliations into school board
> elections reduces the school
> board to a stepping stone for other offices.  Let's
> get some candidates that
> care more about the children of Minneapolis and
> their education than they do
> about the next election.
>
> Rita Miller
> Hiawatha