Whenever I'm working in the neighborhood ,and many times when I'm not,
I'll head to Joey D's on 31st and 42nd St. So. for lunch.
    REAL Chicago Italian roast beef sandwiches smothered in juice and
peppers. You can get them with cheese too but I've never dared. Great fries
and very pleasant outdoor dining area included. You've got to endure tons of
White Sox and Bears propaganda but it's worth it.
    They've lots of other Chicago eatery provender like hot dogs and pizza
and I hear it's all good; I've just never been able to order anything but the
sandwich.
                                                    Jon Gorder
                                                        Loring Park