List,
Just a short heads-up for anyone else with Elm trees marked for removal.  I
have an Elm tree with the orange paint of removal on it in my yard.  The
City is set to remove it today with a licensed and approved contractor.
The other day, another contractor swung his truck up to my yard offering to
remove it on the spot for about half of what the City estimated.  This was
before the city notified me of the name of the business that was approved
and set up to remove the tree.  I thought maybe this was the approved
contractor but was a little suspicious.   I called the city and this
particular business is not licensed or approved by them for diseased Elm
tree removal.

Kris Musser
Linden Hills