Hello List,

Who really cares if the library is named after a donor?  Dayton's was named
for the family, and did it diminish the type of merchandise that it carried?
We have schools and other buildings named after people, and did it make
students more or less intelligent?  I didn't think so.

What makes a library worth going into is what it contains.  It could be
named for some eccentric's dog named Fido.  Who cares as long as it carries
the books and other research material I want?  Once again we are losing
sight of what's real.

We teach our children not to judge a book by its cover.  It appears that
people are doing exactly that.  If someone wants to donate money, and it
will help us acquire the things that an institution such as a library would
need, I say take it and say thank you.

Pamela Taylor
(Who has voted today using the new touch screen process and hopes that she
does not have to see Florida embarrassed on national television today when
the polls close.)