In a message dated 12/28/02 10:02:38 AM Pacific Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

>  [MS] - I'm sure a lot of struggling families of any race would support
this.
>  Too bad the GOP dropped it to pass the big tax cut for the filthy rich
>  first, which combined with the big spending increases for homeland
security,

Dear Mark; I have a small question for you. Is the term "filthy rich" part of
the Green Party's Doctrine? I was surprised when I heard Ken Pentel use the
term in an address to the Property Rights Group before his loss in the last
election. Because of the sweeping negative assumption expressed; it seemed
demagogic to me.

Perhaps it has a different meaning for the Greens; as in 'bad' is good in
Ebonics. Is there a Gree-bonics where "filthy" is a term of endearment and
respect? In which case, post Ken's coming out, he would be a "filthy gay" and
we would aspire to be the "filthy poor"?

I hope I figured this out correctly.

Keith Reitman   NearNorth