The role that Ms. Kambui played is significantly different that just "disagreeing with the proposed structure" of federal mediation (which, under DOJ protocols calls for the community, not the city, to select its representation).  Her role has been to undermine that potential avenue for change by coopting it with people who are financially beholden to the city.  She put that sham "community" team together by design, for the purpose of making certain that no change will result.  Under DOJ guidelines, since she is a city employee she should have had NO ROLE in putting together the community team but there she was, doing the selecting and inviting.  Further, this is not the first time I have seen Ms. Kambui play this role.  She is enamored of power and loyal to her "bosses" to the point of selling out the community.

I have no doubt that Ms. Kambui cares about civil rights.  I just think she cares about power even more.

Michelle Gross
Bryn Mawr