You forgot to add that I am a Minneapolis Police Reserve officer and worked in the
department until the budget cuts...

I guess creative journalism works...

(Just in case... "As a reserve officer with the Minneapolis Police reserve, our
uniforms are almost identical to that of the sworn officers, however when I used to
live on LaSalle and would have to walk to my vehicle to attend an event (while in
uniform), there were still people either drunk, stoned, smoking marijuana, etc... and
would see me and continue doing what they were doing.")

---- Begin Original Message ----

I wonder how Russell knows this to be a fact.

As there has been only 1 Minneapolis officer shot and killed in the past 10 years, and
she was shot by a crazed woman who was not in any gang, this seems unlikely to be true.

Or have no gang members moved up in rank in the past 10 years in Minneapolis?

>In some gangs, gang members that shoot police officers move up in  >rank or get
>respected in their gangs because for them, thats one >less cop on the streets to
>bother them.
>. . .
>Russell Sasaoka
>Coon Rapids