Michelle Gross says:   Thank you, Susan Maricle, for setting up the
gathering at Lucille's  Kitchen today.  I stopped by to get takeout and
just to meet folks.  The  food was terrific and the company was even
better.  The fact that Susan drove  all  the way from Bruno, MN to be
there makes her efforts all the more appreciated. Lucille's was packed to
the rafters and a lot of who's who among the  community were there,
including Carol Johnson and, of course, Annie Young,  who was at our
table.  There was a good-sized line of folks getting take  out orders.  I
leaned over to the owner at the counter and said  "you're not  really
going to close down, are you?"  He replied, "Naw, we're not closing."  I
asked him if that was the official word and he said not  yet,  but they
were sure they could figure out how to keep things going. Thanks again,
Susan, for putting together the gathering.  It was  lovely to  meet the
folks who were there.

Peter Schmitz responds:  I'd like to extend my thanks to Susan as well.
I also would like to call on list members to make a donation to Lucille's
Kitchen.  Minneapolis cannot afford to let this place go.  Would it be
that difficult for  concerned citizens and civic leaders to raise
$30,000.00 on behalf of this important enterprise?  Think about it.  If
300 of us contribute $100.00 each, that covers the current debt.  Or how
about scaling down to where 600 of us contribute $50.00 a piece?  While
$100.00 or $50.00 may sound like a lot, I know people who've paid twice
as much to see second-rate musicians like Cher and Justin
Timberlake.----------------------Peter Schmitz   CARAG