Jeff Rosenberg writes:

>>Barbara Lickness wrote:
>>Mr. Taxpayer League, maybe the reason you aren't
>>hearing loud outcries yet is because we have a lot of
>>really nice people in this city that are willing to go
>>the extra mile to help out their fellow man
>>----------------------------------------------
>>The reason they haven't heard from me is that I don't know how to
>>get in
>>touch with them!

The Taxpayers' League is at http://www.taxpayersleague.org and they
have a "contact" link on the left hand side of their home page.

I was surprised to see that there's been a bit of upheaval at the
League.  Linda Runbeck was formerly identified as President of the
organization and is now shown as Vice President.  Strom is now serving
as President and was formerly their "Legislative Director."

Strom is a clever demagogue who's able to turn a good phrase but he
can't sustain his arguments.  (I called him on a few outlandish claims
he made regarding special education a few years back and he just
scuttled away to whine about something else.)

And, as others have noted, he has a penchant for engaging in class
warfare when "protecting the middle class taxpayer."   It's ironic
since the Taxpayers League is largely financed by a handful of wealthy
Republicans ... and that's who really calls the League's agenda.

Rick Mons
   Tanglewood neighborhood of Shoreview