Only two executive committee positions are contested: the offices of
president and vice-president. There were more open positions for at-large
executive
committee officers than candidates.

We are going to see a big change in the leadership of the Minneapolis NAACP
branch regardless of who becomes the new branch president. Few of the current
board members plan to stay on, and a majority of those who will serve on the
new board did not support the outgoing leadership. The new board will include
NAACP members who were recently threatened with expulsion from the NAACP by
members and supporters of the outgoing executive committee on various pretexts,
including individuals who supported the candidacy of Ron Edwards for branch
president in 2002.

I am among 3 candidates for vice president. The other VP candidates seem to
be well qualified and dedicated to the cause.

In my opinion the branch's highest priorities should include the
reestablishment of an education advocacy committee and ending the relationship
of the
Minneapolis NAACP branch with the "NAACP parent information centers" as quickly
as
possible. The branch should also immediately organize committees that address
police misconduct and the enforcement of fair housing and employment laws.

-Doug Mann, King Field

In a message dated 11/12/2004 7:01:59 AM Central Standard Time,