I am sorry to hear that Ms. Carlson didn't care for my cute reference to the De La Salle letter jackets. I was sitting in their midst and found them to be polite and concerned for their school. My concern has nothing to do with whether the students at De La Salle need a football stadium or if the neighboring community is not playing fair or nice. My concerns are about public dollars and how they are spent. Barry Clegg pointed out all of the hoops the MPRB will have to go through in order for the land to go to DeLaSalle. Last year there was a presentation by the Rice-Michaels law firm that showed they had earned about $70,000 in lobbying fees and another $330,000 in legal fees for around $400,000. http://www.mplsparkwatch.org/node/view/156 meanwhile last year the MPRB attempted to cut the summer park supervisors out of many local parks most in North, Northeast and Near South Minneapolis. A citizen protest kept them funded, but the JUMP IN mailer that lets the people know what services their local parks have to offer was cut. What services would you like to tell the citizens of Minneapolis you are willing to sacrifice so that the attorneys fees for this De La Salle debacle can be paid. I think the handwriting is on the wall that there will be a lawsuit if De La Salle gets it's 6 votes and I am not willing for the kids in any neighborhood to give up their wading pool, summer park supervisors, or anything else for private school students to have a practice field. In fact I'm sure that even Tony Scallon (a majority five supporter ) would be happy to agree that the MPRB should be working with the public Charter schools before jumping into any deals with private schools. I hope everyone considers just how much this FREE deal is going to cost in terms of cut services and programs. They might be closer to home than you would like.

Liz Wielinski
Columbia Park