Kudos to Annie for her good efforts on behalf of our parks. I, for one, laud your availability to your constituants and your candor. Thank you and best of luck in this year's election. We look forward to working with you into the future.

Steven M Nelson
Willard Hay
http://citizenshipchronicles.blogspot.com/
http://minutemenworldwide.blogspot.com/
Get UP! Get OUT! & GET INVOLVED!!!

Annie Young
citywide Park Commissioner
wrote
It is my understanding (and please correct me if I am wrong) but if we break the covenant with the Met Council we have to pay them back the funds originally designated for public lands. And it is my understanding those funds are about $1.3 million. It is almost as repulsive to me to have to give money back as it is to sell park land.

Also, remember that there are lots of other approvals DeLaSalle has to get before this grand scheme becomes reality.

I am working hard at remaining neutral and feel I am in an exploratory, fact finding stage on both sides of this issue. As a community organizer by profession I must say Mr. Derus and his crew are doing a great job teaching the students and their parents the principles of organizing.

REMINDERS: 1. Be civil! Please read the NEW RULES at http://www.e-democracy.org/rules. If you think a member is in violation, contact the list manager at [EMAIL PROTECTED] before continuing it on the list.