Hopefully, this is the end of my clarification on the panel last night. The panel included the following speakers:

Jim Bernstein, Chair of the Charter Commission--gave an overview of the city charter and how the independent boards fit together

Wally Swan, VP Board of Estimate & taxation--explained why it matters who serves on the board, and how it affects our lives

Colin Hamilton, Executive Director Friends of the Minneapolis Library Board--talked about the work of both the Library Board and the FMPL, and talked about where the battle for libraries needs to be fought

Vivian Mason, District 4 Park Board Commissioner--talked about the different priorities that Park Board members can place in the wide world of Park & Recreation, and how the Board has worked to balance budget constraints with the desires of Minneapolis residents

We look forward to seeing everyone on August 31.

David Weinlick
Getting to the Bottom of the Ballot
Armatage