> It's the sole grungy, industrial, secret treasure
> hold out building left in the neighborhood.

It has all that weird plumbing stuff you need to keep the plumbing working
in the 90 year old house--and with the cost of some of the stuff, I've
probably made significant contributions to their bottom line.

> Down the street...the wood stove store Woodland has
> just moved out and the Twin City Florist Supply...another
> old building that was bursting with silk flowers, ribbons,
> and glass vases appears to be finally out of business.
>
> It's all getting too pretty and too shiny.

Woodland just moved to my Neighborhood--Seward--at 29th and Franklin--about
1.5 miles away.  According to our neighborhood newspaper, Woodland moved
because they needed a lot more space.

Sheldon Mains
DFL and Labor Endorsed Candidate for Minneapolis Library Board of Trustees
http://www.MainsForLibrary.org
[EMAIL PROTECTED], 612/618-7149
Mains for Library Committee, 2718 24th St. E., Mpls 55406

"It is incredibly important to this country that we have people who run
libraries that actually believe in reading books instead of burning them."
   Howard Dean