I assumed a DLQ was available.

                    Paul Clarke
                    <paulg_clarke@U        To:     [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                    K.IBM.COM>             cc:
                    Sent by:               Subject:     Re: Non threaded listener on
Windows
                    MQSeries List
                    <MQSERIES@AKH-W
                    ien.AC.AT>

                    06/24/2002
                    05:45 AM
                    Please respond
                    to MQSeries
                    List

>Paul,

>How are other users who have queues that are not filled but effectively
use
>the same channel affected?  I would expect the listener to keep chugging
>along as long as they don't use the same full queue.

Richard,

Applications sharing the same channel will also share the fate of that
channel. If one application causes the channel to fail, by putting a
message to a non-existent queue when there IS NOT a Dead Letter Queue then
the channel will end. With the channel down messages for all applications
using that channel will stop because they will just sit on the transmission
queue. It is for this reason that we recommend people do have Dead Letter
Queues.

Cheers,
P.

Paul G Clarke
WebSphere MQ Development
IBM Hursley

                      Richard Tsujimoto
                      <ratsujimoto@WORLDN        To:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
                      ET.ATT.NET>                cc:
                      Sent by: MQSeries          Subject:  Re: Non threaded
listener on Windows
                      List
                      <MQSERIES@AKH-WIEN.
                      AC.AT>