Therer are a couple of things to tighten up the model and one configuration
attribute that can actually help.

First: After you receive your 2033 do you syncpoint and close the queue
immed? One of the conditions is if the Transaction is running and the queue
is open for I/O.

Second: In a situaion like this, where triggering is "FIRST" it is normal to
issue a MQGET with an apropriate "WAIT" interval specified to offset
possible incoming messages. This helps is resources where the transaction
does not have to be constantly restarted on a secon by second basis. This is
a tuning parameter and is set acording to your application processing flow.

Third: There is an attribute, triggerinterval, that is set on the QMGR level
and can help with retriggering on queues where triggering is set to "FIRST".
There was a M A J O R discussion as to it's use a short while back. This
can(?) help in stances where the application has gone away and messages
arrive on the triggerequeue. Read up on it.

                                  bobbee