I don't know if there is a documentation. The usage of the program was given by IBM
2nd level support. We only run it in the case when a strmqm fails and returns AMQ6004.
We ran several times on Solaris 2.7/MQ5.2 boxes, and never had a problem.

-----Original Message-----
From: Robert Sloper [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, October 04, 2002 7:36 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

We are trying to use amqiclen but are finding that it just hangs when we
run it.

Is there any documentation available for this 'undocumented' program?
A program, amqiclen, comes with MQ can clean up the IPC resources owned by
the troubling queue manager. Here is the syntax:

/opt/mqm/bin/amqiclen -v -c -m qmgr_name < /var/mqm/mqs.ini

-v => verbose
-c => check only (does not ipcrm anything)
-m => only to clean up named queue manager

returns:
0 => OK
2 => One or more connected process(es)