I have a question regarding how disk space gets freed in relation to
messages on the q.  We have an issue of running out of disk space on our
test q mgr (MQ v 5.2; AIX v 4.3) when trying to run high volume message
movement.  The non-persistent messages are all put to a q (currdepth =
100,000) and then removed and processed via a series of mqgets.  The
behavior I've been seeing is that when the currdepth for the q drops down to
0, the q file located in the /mqm/qmgrs/qm1/queues/q1/ directory is still
sitting at 200mb or so. It will stay that way until some point in the future
(have yet to pinpoint exactly when) where it will drop down to the 900 or so
bytes for an empty q.  My question is does anyone know if this behavior is
configurable, can I force MQ to clear the disk space more frequently or
instantaneously, I assume at the expense of performance?  Any help is
appreciated.
Thanks,
Mike