If you are use SIGNAL1 you could check for MQEC_WAIT_CANCELED

Kevin Ferguson

From: Richard Crook <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Detecting MQ subsystem shutdown
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2002 10:46:58 +1300

I have a long running task that I want to be able to query MQ resources.
This task will call my program and provide:
- a function code: Initialise, closedown, or normal call
- a correlator that I can use to anchor storage across calls
- any other parameters I need to pass.

What I planned to do was on the initialise call to connect to the Qmgr and
open the queue. It's the System Command queue, so I'll be putting to the
same queue every time. I can save the qmgr handle and queue handle in the
correlator between calls.

Normal calls would then just open a dynamic reply queue and put the message
to the (already open) command queue. Get the reply, and they're outa there.

Closedown simply closes the open queue, disconnects, and frees the
correlator.

Fine. The problem that I have is that between calls, although the task is
holding an MQ thread, it's not sitting in an active MQI call. If I try to
shutdown the Qmgr, it just hangs because it still has an active thread.
Because I'm not in an MQ call, FAIL_IF_QUIESCING doesn't do anything for
me.

Anyone know of any way that a quiescing MQ can signal my task to free its
thread?

This is MQ 5.2 on OS390.

Thanks,
Richard.

The contents of this e-mail are confidential.
If you have received this communication by mistake,
please advise the sender immediately and delete the message and
any attachments.
The views expressed in this e-mail are not necessarily the views of
Westpac Banking Corporation.
Westpac Banking Corporation is incorporated in New South Wales, Australia.