Great explanation, this helps a great deal.  I am still concerned about mqver.  Here is the output I get on both my Windows 2000 and Linux machines.  Note that my Windows 2000 memo.ptf says it has CSD 1 but Linux says no CSD applied:

Name:        WebSphere MQ
Version:     530
CMVC level:  p000-L021011
BuildType:   IKAP - (Production)

How can I tell the CSD applied with this?  To me it is gibberish.

Mike Murphy

MQ Solutions, LLC