>Hello,

>Using MQ-triggering, I start an application on AIX. The application
>works fine and ends normally some seconds later. All ok so far.
>BUT:
>After the application endet, the triggermonitor (runmqtrm) puts the
>trigger-message into the DLQ with Reason: 265 =
>MQFB_APPL_CANNOT_BE_STARTET!
>This makes no sense, since the application has started and ended
>normally!?!

>I know that this reasoncode occurs when the application crashes. But
>my one was ending ok.

>Also, in MQ5.1, this problem did not occur. It is new to me in
>MQ5.3.0.0. But I could not find anything special in the 5.3 manual.

>- Did I miss some news in the manual?
>- Possible Bug?
>- May 5.3.0.1 help?
>- Any Ideas at all?

>Thanks!
>Roland

Hi Roland,

Two things to check:

Firstly on some platforms we can't distinguish between the system('....')
command failing and the command that system starts failing so make sure
your application returns a 0 return code if it all works.

Secondly I do not understand why your trigger monitor would care about when
the application ends unless you were starting the application
synchronously. If this is what you really want then fine but it does mean
that each trigger monitor can only start one application at a time which is
usually not what is wanted. Make sure you have the '&' in the envdata field
in process object definition so that the triggered application is started
as a background task.

As a last resort you could try running it with tracing switched on. The
trigger monitor does trace out key things that happen etc.

Cheers,
P.

Paul G Clarke
WebSphere MQ Development