If you issue the command directly to the subsystem, it works when the queue
manager is down.
                                      - Bruce Giordano

              "Robert X. Sloper"
              <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>                    To:
               [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                                                          cc:
              Sent by: MQSeries List                      Subject:   REFRESH QMGR
TYPE(EARLY)
              <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

              Monday February 10, 2003 03:58 PM
              Please respond to MQSeries List

I tried to use the new Z/OS V5.3 command "REFRESH QMGR TYPE(EARLY)" and got

CSQ9036E MQXXXX KEYWORD TYPE PARAMETER 'EARLY' NOT ALLOWED WHEN QUEUE
MANAGER IS ACTIVE.

And if I try it when the Qmgr is down I get an MQCONN error (not a
surprise).

I did RTFM and can't find any reference to how this command should be
issued. It is not in CSQUTIL so ???

Thanks