If you want to be able to do this, your SCSQLINK library has to be LPA, not
Linklist.  IBM does document their recommendation that this library now be
in the LPA rather than linklist.  It might have made it clearer though if
they changed the name of the library to SCSQLPA.
                                                   - Bruce Giordano

              "Robert X. Sloper"
              <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>                    To:
               [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                                                          cc:
              Sent by: MQSeries List                      Subject:   Re: REFRESH QMGR
TYPE(EARLY)
              <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

              Tuesday February 11, 2003 11:51 AM
              Please respond to MQSeries List

Bruce,

Thanks for the info, I did try this and I get....

When the Qmanager is down and I issue .   /MQXXXX REFRESH QMGR TYPE(EARLY)

I get :

MQXXXX REFRESH QMGR TYPE(EARLY)
CSQ3105E MQXXXX   CSQ3UR00 - UNABLE TO LOAD EARLY PROCESSING PROGRAM
CSQ3EPX. XXXX IS NOT AVAILABLE
CSQ3104I MQXXXX   CSQ3EC0X - TERMINATION COMPLETE
CSQ3100I MQXXXX   CSQ3EC0X - SUBSYSTEM XXXX READY FOR START COMMAND

Note that CSQ3EPX IS available in the correct Linklisted libary and I can
start this Qmanager without any problems.

                         Bruce Giordano
                         <bruce.giordano@PRUDE  To:
                         [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                         NTIAL.COM>             cc:
                         Sent by: MQSeries      Subject: Re: REFRESH QMGR
                         TYPE(EARLY)
                         List
                         <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
                         .AT>

                         02/10/03 04:50 PM

If you issue the command directly to the subsystem, it works when the queue
manager is down.
                                      - Bruce Giordano

              "Robert X. Sloper"
              <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>                    To:
              [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                                                          cc:
              Sent by: MQSeries List                      Subject:
              REFRESH QMGR TYPE(EARLY)
              <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

              Monday February 10, 2003 03:58 PM
              Please respond to MQSeries List

I tried to use the new Z/OS V5.3 command "REFRESH QMGR TYPE(EARLY)" and got

CSQ9036E MQXXXX KEYWORD TYPE PARAMETER 'EARLY' NOT ALLOWED WHEN QUEUE
MANAGER IS ACTIVE.

And if I try it when the Qmgr is down I get an MQCONN error (not a
surprise).

I did RTFM and can't find any reference to how this command should be
issued. It is not in CSQUTIL so ???

Thanks