I wasn't at the Tech Conference either.  My guess for a reason for dropping
the AMI though is because hardly anyone was using it.
                                                                    - Bruce
Giordano

              Thomas Dunlap
              <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>                 To:
       [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                                                          cc:
              Sent by: MQSeries List                      Subject:   Re: AMI
elimination (was  MQ and DB2 stored procedures)
              <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

              Friday March 7, 2003 04:22 AM
              Please respond to MQSeries List

Jim,

I was not able to attend the last Tech Conference.  What was the reason
given for elimination of the
AMI?  Did they hint to adding any of the function, like Send/Receive
file, to current MQI?

Jim Ford wrote:

>Doesn't the SQL solution require AMI? At the recent conference IBM
>made it clear that AMI is on its way out. I wonder if the SQL
>extensions will use a different method.

Thomas Dunlap    Chief Technology Officer    [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Themis,  Inc.    http://www.themisinc.com    1 (800) 756-3000