From: Madsen, Timothy [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, June 04, 2003 11:06 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: MQSeries in DMZ

Hello,
We have external partners who need to connect to our MQSeries.  So, we could
put an MQSeries server in our DMZ and let those external people connect to
that MQ and then have the DMZ MQ connect to our internal MQ.  We can
configure our firewall (Cisco Pix) to only let MQ appropriate
ports/protocols pass from the internet to the DMZ MQ server.

However, we would still be allowing **anybody** on the internet to send
messages to our MQSeries in our DMZ.  We are working with a small list of
partners - they are not anonymous.

So - from this two questions:

1)  Would this be considered a fairly secure configuration - from the
standpoint of a hacker trying to get into our MQ box and crash it or access
OS services?

2)  What is a standard method whereby we could allow our external partners
to send MQ messages - but not allow other people on the internet to send MQ
messages to our DMZ MQ server?

Thanks.
Tim.

immediately by return email and delete this communication and destroy all copies.