From: Paul Meekin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Any point backing up broker DB?
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2003 14:08:14 +0100

Couldn't find this on a search of the list which surprised me.

The WMQI 2.1 Admin Guide recommends backing up a specific set of tables in
the
broker database to be used to restore in case of breakage. I understand
that
Publication and subscription data is stored there in this DB but, if I'm
not
using PubSub applications is there any point in doing this?

In case of DB problems, can I not simply create a new DB, mqsicreatebroker
recreate the Broker and then do a full deploy from Control Centre?

Will I lose anything else in this scenario? I realise that the ConfigMgr
and
MsgRepository DBs need a full backup regardless.

Cheers,
Paul

******************************************************************************************************** This e-mail is from Energis Communications Ltd, 185 Park Street, London, SE1 9DY, United Kingdom, No: 2630471.

This e-mail is confidential to the addressee and may be privileged. The
expressed are personal and do not necessarily reflect those of Energis. If
you are not the intended recipient please notify the sender immediately by
calling our switchboard on +44 (0) 20 7206 5555 and do not disclose to
another person or use, copy or forward all or any of it in any form.