I assume that when you say "document" you mean something like an IDOC?

Using MQ for data this big can give you all sorts of problems, but one thing
you can do is to use multiple channels with different TQs etc, so that your
large messages don't block the small guys.   I don't think you need to go to
the extreme of different QMs, just multiple parallel channels between QMs.

Segmented messages can help but beware they aren't supported on 390.

You may also have problems getting storage for the MQPUT and MQGET buffers
when dealing with messages this size depending on the OPSYS.

You should probably also look at something like DCMQ so that these mega big
documents are compressed on the queues.

for more info on DCMQ (yes it is our product so I am partial) see:

http://www.primeur.com/products/DCMQ/info.html

Dave