Context: MQ can act as the XA commit coordinator for XA/compliant resource
managers, like databases. For example, if you want to ACID treat MQ and -
let's say - Oracle updates, you create a switchfile for Oracle, configure MQ
and use the MQBEGIN verb to start a new transaction.

Now, in the absence of an application server, how would that be done from
within a native Java application, using either the MQ classes for Java, or
the MQ JMS classes? I did some reading, but couldn't find anything similar
to MQBEGIN in that space.

Can anybody help?
Stefan

PS: Shouting R-T-F-M and pointing me T-T-F-M is a valid reply... ;-)