For very little bit of transformation and if there is not much business logice and if you are looking for more poerformance then i would go for MQSI.

If there needs to be hub kind of functionality and lot of business logic, much mapping needs to be done and not bothered for performance then crossworlds is the best tool.

eai grp <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
But how do you think IBM wants to place the two products? Is CW mainly a B2B tool?
Can'nt crossworlds be used for transformation , it has a Map that does the same function? But ,Is there a limitation on the MQ Connector , how many queues can a single connector poll.That is probably better with WMQI , if my application is already MQ enabled, I dont need a MQ connector in the first place!

Robert Broderick <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
We are doing that at my current client. Crossworlds doesn't come into the
picture as the applications have a detailed business laot for timed out
messages from the branch. Crossworlds, and someone can correct me as I have
not gone down that path as of yet, offers adapters both in the physical
sense and metaphysical sense. It can give you SAP adapters and other things
that allow you to plug other vendor pacages into you messaging network
(physical). It also, from the last time I seen the dog-and-pony show, offers
a business continuity schema that allows you to coordinate a "BUSINESS"
transaction. Business transaction, as we all know, can go from the simple
(send a messge and get an imediate reply) or to the complicated where B2B
and B2C colaborations come into effect and the transaction can span time as
well as physical locations, Meta-Physical!! So in your case you would use
WMQI to transform your branch messages to something the legacy systems can
understand and visa-versa. t can also be used to coordinate responses
between different backend systems. Crossworlds can be used to tie into your
CRM (SEIBEL), SAP or ACTA within your infrastructure. Crossworld could
possibly be used to handle the situation where the messag did not get to the
branch in a respectable amount of time and the financial had to be backed
out.

These things are tools. Like a hammer..one day it hits a nail in, another
day it breaks a window cause your locked out and another day you can use it
to smash you neighbors head in because you caught him fooling around with
you wife. You bend and use it for want you want.

bobbee