Hello,

        I have an application which one of the prerequisites is to call MQGET with
a minimum 120 second WaitInterval!  This application is using MQSeries 5.3
client on a WIN32 platform and runs as a service.  The minimum 120 second
interval is there to supposedly keep the bandwidth down to a minimum.
However, the problem is with WIN32 the Service Control Manager times out and
cannot shut down the service in a timely fashion.  MQGET will only return if
the WaitInterval has expired or a message is received.  My only solution is
to put a message onto the "GET Queue" prior to shutdown to force an exit out
of the blocked read.  I was hoping for a more elegant solution on WIN32.
Are there any other ways to "signal" a blocked MQI MQGET on Win32 to exit?

Thanks much!

Steve