Did you code MQGMO_FAIL_IF_QUIESCING? Note you should also code the MQOO_
equivalent etc.

Regards
Tim A

                      "Steve D.
                      Perkins"                 To:       [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                      <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>         cc:
                      Sent by: MQSeries        Subject:  MQGet Blocked Read
                      List
                      <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
                      N.AC.AT>

Hello,

        I have an application which one of the prerequisites is to call
MQGET with
a minimum 120 second WaitInterval!  This application is using MQSeries 5.3
client on a WIN32 platform and runs as a service.  The minimum 120 second
interval is there to supposedly keep the bandwidth down to a minimum.
However, the problem is with WIN32 the Service Control Manager times out
and
cannot shut down the service in a timely fashion.  MQGET will only return
if
the WaitInterval has expired or a message is received.  My only solution is
to put a message onto the "GET Queue" prior to shutdown to force an exit
out
of the blocked read.  I was hoping for a more elegant solution on WIN32.
Are there any other ways to "signal" a blocked MQI MQGET on Win32 to exit?

Thanks much!

Steve