Hi,

Ya, I don't get the comment of "affects bandwidth" either.  Usually I hear
this from a manager who thinks they are a developer.  When a WMQ client
program issues a MQGET, only a few bytes are sent across the network. The 2
major items that are sent are: Connection Handle (4 bytes) and Object
Handle (4 bytes).

In the past, I have used small WaitInterval of 3, 5 and 10 seconds with no
noticeable network hit for a Windows based MQ client program running as a
service.  I mean seriously, if you changed your WaitInterval from 120 to 3
seconds (40 times smaller) then your program would be sending an extra 320
bytes (40 * 8).

You are going to do all this extra work to save less than 1 KB of bandwidth
per every 120 seconds.  I think you should suggest to your manager(s) that
they need  re-evaluate if there is actually a problem with using a smaller
WaitInterval value.

Regards,
Roger Lacroix
Enterprise Architect