Nice Peter!!!!

It cold use that feedback code of 65876 (Application Quit).
                                                     bb

From: "Heggie, Peter" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: MQGet Blocked Read
Date: Mon, 4 Aug 2003 08:21:12 -0400

Can you have a 'shutdown' command that runs a program to send a report
message to the app? With a feedback code of MQFB_QUIT ? The app /
service would have to be modified to look for this type of message and
feedback code.

Peter Heggie
(315) 428 - 3193

-----Original Message----- From: Steve D. Perkins [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Sent: Monday, August 04, 2003 12:00 AM To: [EMAIL PROTECTED] Subject: Re: MQGet Blocked Read

Tim,

Yep, sure did. MQGMO_FAIL_IF_QUIESCING happens when the queue manager is
shutting down.  That's not the problem.  The problem is terminating a
WIN32 Client service gracefully when the service is in a blocked MQGET
read.  It appears there isn't any way except to wait or issue a
::TerminateThread which works but generates a ton of memory leaks.  It
would be nice if IBM would code an event handle that could be included
as a parameter when issuing a MQGET.  Then when signaled the MQGET would
return out of the read. Another alternative is simply to "PUT" a message
onto the "GET" queue prior to shutdown.  This will break the blocked
MQGET read as a message is readily available.  I'm looking at that
method as the best means of gracefully shutting down.  However, I don't
know how well that method will be received since I'm only supposed to be
receiving messages from that queue.  Therefore the hunt for an
additional solution goes on....

Thanks for the reply!

Steve