From: Robert Broderick [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, August 14, 2003 8:06 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: CCSID 037

Frank,
There is a WEB site at IBM where ALL the CCSIDs are displayed in table
format with their binary code and character representation. I just tried to
find it and could not. I have seen it supplied by members on the LIST. Maybe
someone has it booked marked. I used it when I was having some conversion
problems at a client. Maybe someone on the LISThas the link.

Other than that. If I remember correctly. Convert your SENDing CCSID to a
hex value and your RECIEVing CCSID to a hex value. Find the table as
SENDingHEXRECIEVingHEX.tbl on the system. The mainframe has it somewhere
that is not easy to find.

The SENDing character is used as a displacement into the table and the
character at that position is used as the replacement.

It has been a while so I HOPE I have this right. On the mainframe the TABLES
are somewhere strange and are proceeded with an "A". Not exactly sure where
they are.

Hope this helps.

                                                      bobbee