I am getting questioned on the mapping of ASCII to EBCDIC characters between
UNIX and OS/390 under MQ.

The character sets (CCSIDs) being used are: UNIX (1051) and OS/390 (037).  I
tried to find a document that would just show the code character set
mappings character by character but I could not find one.  I attempted to
use iconv command in UNIX to show the character mappings implicitly but I am
not sure of what the 1051 or 037 character set is  equivalent to in the
iconv.config.

I tried the following as a best guess using iconv command under UNIX just to
see what happens:

/usr/bin/iconv -f iso81 -t cp037 character.file > characters.cp037

I then FTP'd  characters.cp037 over to OS/390 for a look see.  It was close
but no cigar.

Could someone tell me what 1051 & 037 is equivalent to in the iconv.config
file?

Is this how others figure out how the conversion occurs between CCSIDs
across platforms?

Is there a better way to decipher CCSID translation that someone could
suggest?

Thanks
    Frank
    201-269-4071

This e-mail message and any attachments contain confidential information from Medco
Health Solutions, Inc. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified
that disclosure, printing, copying, distribution, or the taking of any action in
reliance on the contents of this electronic information is strictly prohibited. If you
have received this e-mail message in error, please immediately notify the sender by
reply message and then delete the electronic message and any attachments.